Recipe: Paleo Bircher Style Muesli
When switching to a Paleo lifestyle and diet many people miss their traditional muesli and oats for breakfast. Bircher Muesli even though traditionally made with oats and milk can easily be made Paleo by using Coconut Cream, ground flaxseeds, nuts and seeds.
This Paleo Bircher Style Muesli recipe is easy to prepare on a weekday morning and doesn’t need any overnight soaking.
1 Green Apple (Granny Smith) grated
3 Tbsps Ground Flaxseed
10 Almonds Roughly Chopped
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (if you would like less calories use half coconut milk and half water)
Cinnamon to taste (I like 1-2 tsps)
- Grate the Apple and place in a glass bowl
- Add the Ground Flaxseed, chopped almonds, and cinnamon
- Lastly add the coconut milk
- Stir everything until well combined and leave for 15 minutes
- Serve with fresh seasonal fruit, frozen berries warmed up, coconut yoghurt, paleo no grain granola clusters
Try some different combinations by adding in some seeds and different nuts. Even though Chia seeds are not strictly Paleo if you like them you can also add 1-2 tbsps to the flaxseeds and a little more coconut milk or water.